5.28.2010

Our Own Private Vacation

We spent two nights and three days in Branson, Missouri this past weekend. I love that we are only 2 hours away from such a unique place. Branson has shows galore, fabulous shopping, and water/theme parks to boot. So we went ahead and bought season passes to Silver Dollar City, the local theme park. It will be a little hot spot for us while we live here.

It really was as Joey put it a "stress free" and a fun family bonding time. The down side was no sleep. Even when we turned out all the lights in our little hotel room and lay still, one of the kids would make a noise and the other echo it, Emmy being the biggest culprit. The sleeping part was hopeless but our days were filled with lots of fun, good food, silly rides, and laughter. Definitely a tradition we will continue to uphold.
A big shout out to Joey for braving most of the spinny rides. It may not look like it but I promise I was there and did go on my fare share rides with the kids!

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a blast! I'm glad you will be able to frequent it often. Season passes are so much fun. Reminds me of Great America. We were so lucky to get to go so often! What a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a cute little place. And a fun family tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good family vacation! It is so fun just to be with your own family! Looks like such a fun time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place looks awesome! It is always fun to have somewhere to get away too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 16, 2010

    I finally made it into your new blog! I'm not quite sure how, but I'm loving it. Your whole blog is wonderful, and the kids so cute!! Keep it up.

    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete