m
5.20.2010
Mother's Day Attempt, Take 5
Yes, my 5th official Mother's Day and it was a success. I woke up to beautiful Red Gerbera Daisies, a scrumptious German Pancake puffed to near perfection (the best Joey's made to date), and ended the day with an incredible steak and potato meal (Joey's cooking is one of the things that stole my heart when we were dating). The highlight of the day was playing with my goofy kids whilst Joey was cleaning up the kitchen! Below is our attempt at some pictures before we whisked them off to dreamland:


m
I'm indebted to my own mother who taught by example the joy in motherhood and who never raised her voice, except, of course, when I trotted off to girls camp once with one of her nice forks :) I try hard every day to be the calming and loving mother that she was to us rascals. I love you mom!
m
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mindy-- what a great family. I miss you tons! We need to catch up soon!! Love you
ReplyDeletehaha. You make me smile Mindy. Do you know how amazing you are? I look up to you so much. I hope you know you are loved!!! Mom was a great example, and you are too!
ReplyDeleteYou lucky lady! What a good mom you are, Mindy. I know my kids will never be able to say that I didn't raise my voice. Dang. I will have to change that. I think we need to visit again so Jessen can get some of those cooking lessons from his brother :) You deserve it all--you are a great mom!
ReplyDeleteLove all of the pics-they are so cute, you are such a good mom to your darling kids! Why did you take a fork to girl's camp-did you actually use it for all of your meals?? (Really email me about that one, I am curious :) That is HILARIOUS...I don't think I knew that...but man, I sure LOVED being at Girl's Camp with you!! We had SO much fun!! I am pretty sure we would still have a blast...want to go camping??
ReplyDeleteI just love all the "attemps!" How funny is that! You are such a darling mother and look at those kids...priceless. And what a husband. Sounds like a great day. Love you tons.
ReplyDelete