5.18.2010

Nostalgia

We finally reveled in a warm Easter this year! Amazing. And it brought back memories of Easter's past. I bought sucker molds and made chocolate suckers with the kids. It was very nostalgic for me as it is one of my favorite memories of Easter when I was a wee lass. My mom would create a homemade candy masterpiece each year for us kids, that probably took her hours to make and that we devoured in seconds. One year she broke out these amazing sucker molds and her tupperware full of colored chocolate wafers and let us help her make some. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. So, above is my Easter Bunny attempt at a homemade treat, the exact mold I remember the most. Yum!

Coloring the Easter eggs is always a highlight. They colored and crafted 18 of those babies and still wanted to create more! Hard boiled eggs are in high demand at our house.
Easter morning was a delicious adventure. The Easter bunny always tends to overdo it at our house. The kids even got a couple of non-candy surprises that brought giddy excitement. Kaela and Luke went to town eating to their hearts content and Emmy was thrilled just to shake her plastic eggs over and over again. It was nice to stay home and watch conference. What an uplifting and inspired conference it was! So much talk about strengthening families. It was perfection.

5 comments:

  1. those white chocolate suckers look amazing! I miss those things. I will have to make them next year. Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe how much the kids have grown. Is Luke shaving yet? Love the Possum. Thought it was a stuffed animal. Not so much... Love you guys - June is just around the corner. Can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours turned out so beautifully!!! I'm impressed Mindy. You are such a fun mom. Those are lucky kids. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! the suckers look perfect. you could sell those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Mindy! That is the cutest sucker, you are such a fun mom! I love all the pictures, looks like a fun Easter!

    ReplyDelete