This is REO Speed Wagon entertaining us with songs I didn't even know I liked, like, "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" and "Heard It Through A Friend Who Heard it Through A Friend Who..." and other awesomely 70's songs.
This is REO Speedwagon's drummer, who kept me in giggle fits with his pursed lips, wife beater, and American Girl Doll hair. Classic.
These are the Skinners, our bestest buds and neighbors out here, who weren't fortunate enough to find a school night sitter. Love this candid of them. That little cute guy Connor is Luke's best friend. They can't seem to get enough of each other.
This is The Bare Naked Ladies, the reason Joey wanted to go. And before you size my man up, it's a band people! They sing that "Chickity Chine of the Chinese Chicken" song and "If I Had A Million Dollars". Arkansas didn't seem that into it, but were.
This is a video of the sign language interpreters that were signing & dancing their hearts out to every song. I've never seen anything like it, and man could they groove. The Bare Naked Ladies couldn't get over the fact that they were, and I quote, "deaf people's favorite band".
And to top off the night, the newbie babysitter, who just so happens to live a few houses over, had a glowing report! Good Times.
What a great date! That is a great pic of you and Joey! And awesome that you found a good babysitter!
ReplyDeleteI loved the bare naked ladies growing up. So fun for you to see them in concert. Dates are the best. Glad you found a glowing report when you got home...even better.
ReplyDeleteI am soooo jealous. BNL is my FAVORITE! I went to their concert when I was 8 mo. pregnant with Evan and I was a crazy mamma-to-be! Love REO, too! Shareholders meeting-HA! Lucky lady, you.
ReplyDelete